contact a food company
Large food companies can make a huge difference simply by having policies that refuse ingredients from genetically engineered (GE) crops.
Your voice as a consumer can persuade companies to adopt GE-free policies.
Companies listed on the right do not have a GE-free policy in place. You can ask them to go GE-free by sending an email using the form.
What to ask when you contact a company
- Do they use any genetically engineered ingredients?
- Do any of their products come from animals that were fed GE food (including milk, butter, cheese, chicken, eggs and meat)?
- Are any of their oils derived from GE crops such as soy, corn, cotton or canola?
Call a customer advisory phone line
You can also call the company's customer advisory number. These appear on most food packaging, usually near the ingredients list. Here are a few phone numbers to get you started.
- Woolworths/Safeway: 1300 638 434
- Kraft: 1800 033 275
- Simplot (Bird's Eye and Leggos): 1800 061 279
- Cadbury: 1800 250 260
- Master Foods: 1800 816 016
- Coopers: 08 8440 1800